We are looking for you. If you have this knowledge please apply and be part of this amazing family.
This job applies for Colombia (Bogotá and Barranquilla).
You will act as a critical member of the Data Science Team, contributing to new cloud-based services by designing and coding new applications in Python and related languages. Support git repositories and special data. Develop real-time alerts that combine in-house, cloud-based, and third-party data sources. Elaborate tests executed via the continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline model. Continually monitor and audit data sources and IO to ensure data quality, data integrity, and data validation. Deploy machine learning pipelines on the cloud. Proactively resolve issues while working on multiple projects. Participate and collaborate in setting and managing commitments to service level agreements (SLA), key performance metrics (KPI), schedules, and customer deadlines.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Areas of Expertise: Advanced Python developer; expertise in designing, coding, deploying, and managing cloud-based applications; customer-facing skills; highly organized and detail oriented. Knowledge of network technology and concepts preferred.
- Design and code new applications in Python and related languages.
- Work to continually improve ability to integrate data and events into a single solution, combining in-house, cloud-based, and third-party data sources.
- Develop and improve testing processes via the continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline model.
- Ensure data quality, data integrity, and data validation via real-time and periodic audits and checks.
- Deploy machine learning pipelines on the cloud.
- Lead by example by being a positive role model for team members, openly and clearly communicating with management, peers, and customers.
- Propose established and new technological solutions to support company’s overall operations, including cloud-based tools, security, alerts, machine learning, user access and authentication, system performance, and data integrity.
- Work to ensure that critical business services are resilient and redundant to avoid service impact.
- Be accessible to the customer when an escalation takes place and work diligently with management to find the root source of the problem and quickly resolve it.
- Work overtime, off-shift, weekends, and on-call as occasionally required.
- Work to tight deadlines while maintaining output quality, manage assignments to ensure timely completion, and escalate to management as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Adapt to support new responsibilities, new projects, new functions, and ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Suggest changes to process and procedures to improve efficiency and communications with relevant teams and customers, and ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed when changes are made.
- Update documentation, prepare emails, maintain spreadsheets, develop project plans, and prepare presentations and reports.
- Quickly learn new applications and processes and embrace continuous education to keep technical skills relevant.
- Multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision in a non-structured environment.
- Over 5 years’ experience in Python development, and 2+ years’ experience designing and coding cloud-based applications for commercial projects.
- Proficient at data mining using Python programming language.
- Expertise in extracting information from multiple sources (e.g. databases, APIs, files).
- Experience as a lead BI Analyst and in scripting automation jobs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of code design patterns and TDD (test driven development).
- Practical expertise in both object-oriented and functional programming approaches.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux administration and shell scripting.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of current cloud services and tools (e.g. Lambda, EC2, Athena, Redshift, RDS, Sagemaker).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and collaboration tools.
- English level 90% (Written and Spoken)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced interpersonal soft skills, including customer engagement skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills applied to customer-focused, strategic, and cost-effective solutions.
- Detail and process oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple complex initiatives.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to proactively resolve issues.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, Angular/React, Travis, and Jenkins.
- Exposure to or practical knowledge of machine learning algorithms and methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Prior experience interfacing directly with US-based customers and companies preferred.
- Knowledge in networking, IT, security, and business intelligence.